Naples Community Orchestra (NCO) seeks volunteers for several positions for its 2022 season. All volunteers receive two complimentary tickets to each concert and get to experience behind the scenes operations of the organization. Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Serve as an usher at NCO concerts.
- Help with concert stage setup and break down.
- Planning of events including venue research, sending invitations, setup and staffing reception tables, printing and distributing name tags.
- Create social media content including posts and pictures about NCO concerts and announcements.
- Distribute NCO brochures to local businesses.
- Process ads for concert playbills.
- Identify grant opportunities and grant writing.
- Write program notes for concert playbills.
- Assist the music librarian with marking music with bowing, copying and distributing music to NCO musicians and updating the music inventory database.
- Send thank you letters to donors.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the Naples Community Orchestra, visit naplescommunityorchestra.org/volunteer or contact Anne Wilson at [email protected].
NCO’s 2021-22 season series is inspired by the community partnerships the orchestra has forged with Artis Naples, Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) and Collier County Public Schools (CCPS). NCO’s partnership with Artis Naples provides musicians for conducting and performing in the orchestra, sectional rehearsals, soloists, and rehearsal and event space.
All NCO concerts will be held at Moorings Presbyterian Church, located at 791 Harbour Drive in Naples. Four concerts will begin at 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays and an additional pops concert will be at 7 p.m. on Friday April 29. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online at naplescommunityorchestra.org. Individual concert tickets are $30 per ticket and the four concert series subscription is $100. Complimentary tickets are available for students with valid student identification. Tickets will be sent to your email address. Ticket holders may print them out or have them available on a smartphone to scan at the door. Email ticket questions to [email protected] and any other questions may be sent to Anne Wilson at [email protected].